Follow for halftime and post-game updates from tonight’s game
No. 10 seed Georgia (14-11, 7-11) vs. No. 7 seed Missouri (15-8, 8-8)
The Tigers are in March Madness no matter what, but can they better their position with a win tonight?
Second Half Notes
- Three point shooting became the style of play early on
- Kobe Brown opened hot from beyond the arch and had a quick eight points
- The Tigers were out in front 42-41 after the first media timeout
- Both teams opened the half at 50% or better from the field
- Kobe Brown led all scorers at the second media timeout with 14
- Dru Smith had a productive start offensively as well
- Missouri led 51-46 at the second media timeout
- Missouri extended its lead to 10 following a Dru Smith three pointer
- The Tigers opened 10-15 from the field
- The Tigers had a great stretch of defensive possessions, helping them continue to grow their lead
- With under five minutes to go, Georgia cut things down to five points
- Missouri led 66-61 at the final media timeout
- Up one point with under two minutes to go, Xavier Pinson got fouled on a three pointer (he made all three to put Missouri up four)
- Missouri had the ball up 69-67 with 51 seconds left on the clock but Javon Pickett was called for a travel
- Georgia had a chance to tie things up from the line, but had to forfeit a free throw due to a violation penalty on Justin Kier. Kier missed the next free throw
- Dru Smith hit two free throws on the other end to put Missouri up four in the waning seconds, but then Kier drained a three to cut the Bulldogs back to within one
- Pinson was sent to the line (he hit them both) and the Bulldogs missed a three on their last shot of the game.
- Missouri hung on to win 73-70
1st Half Notes
- Tilmon picked up a foul in the first minute
- Georgia had a tough go to open offensively (1-6)
- Dru Smith propelled the Tigers out front early
- Mizzou lead 12-6 at the first media timeout
- Georgia came out of the break on a 6-0
- The Bulldogs held the Tigers scoreless for an entire four minutes
- The game was tied at 12 at the second media timeout
- After a good start, the Tigers went 2-12 from the field
- Xavier Pinson was Missouri’s best option available from deep in the first half
- Things were tied at 17 by the under eight timeout
- Missouri missed numerous layups under the basket’
- …like so many layups
- Both teams got up and down quite a bit, but neither team could finish
- Georgia took its first lead at the four minute mark
- Things began to pick up offensively down the stretch
- Javon Pickett put in some solid minutes
- Missouri ended the half with a steal and a three to turn the momentum back in their favor
- The Tigers were down 33-32 at the half
An @SEC Tournament GAMEDAY vs. Georgia!
— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) March 11, 2021
Opponent: Bulldogs (14-11)
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Where: Bridgestone Arena, TN
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -6.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network + | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Can Pinson carry the team in points?
- Will Mark Smith be productive?
- Who wins the turnover battle?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?