Mizzou Links for Tuesday, April 27
Gotta be honest, y’all, it’s slow
The headline says it all. It is officially the beginning of the dead period for Mizzou Athletics (with the exception of the non-revenue regular seasons wrapping up), and there ain’t much to write about. Luckily, all of you various Mizzou beat subscribers can get your hands on a little premium content that we cannot get beyond the paywall. But hey, we’ll tease you with it anyway!
- I’m sure all you cryptocurrency folks are excited about Sean Culkin’s latest venture — to become the first NFL player to completely convert his paycheck to Bitcoin, which the Kansas City Star wrote about.
Have to be honest, y’all, I know next to nothing about cryptocurrencies except that everyone who likes them also seems to like Elon Musk. Anyway, Culkin is trying to earn a backup tight end spot with Kansas City at the moment, so best of luck to our very own #MizzouMade crypto bro.
- Bruce Feldman at The Athletic wrote about Eli Drinkwitz’s staff which, as I was surprised to learn, is, “the most diverse coaching staff in major college football.”
“I thought, ‘Man, this is news-breaking to me, and I know it’s newsworthy to a lot of people that look like me.’” The story of how Eli Drinkwitz and #Mizzou ended up with the most diverse coaching staff in major college football: https://t.co/yyqeyzOvHv
— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) April 26, 2021
Feldman’s story walks through the process of how Drinkwitz built his staff, including how it all started with his connections from jobs past.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sean Durugordon has some power, y’all. Watching him could be pretty fun.
— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) April 27, 2021
- Mizzou Softball couldn’t complete the sweep of No. 8 Arkansas, but did secure the series win, which should vault them into better position to be a regional host.
- Mizzou Volleyball’s season didn’t end how we all wanted, but they did end the season ranked within the top 25, which is something they’re pretty accustomed to doing!
— Mizzou Volleyball (@MizzouVB) April 26, 2021
- If you know any Mizzou journalism school students who are looking for a job with some nice experience, Dave Matter has got an opportunity for them!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)