Mizzou Links for September 7, 2021.
Mizzou Wrestling loses one of its own
We’ll get to the current Mizzou news below in the other links section. But before we do, it feels appropriate to honor the memory of Cody Greene, a Mizzou Wrestling alumnus who passed away over the weekend.
The program tweeted news of the death late yesterday afternoon.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of former Mizzou wrestler Cody Greene. His legacy will always be a part of the Tiger Style family pic.twitter.com/r0uvkJBr1N
— Mizzou Wrestling (@MizzouWrestling) September 6, 2021
According to Fox 2 in St. Louis, Greene (a Jefferson County native) had returned to Seckman High School and served as the school’s head wrestling coach before moving to Texas to seemingly coach at a wrestling club. Greene won a state title at Seckman in 2000.
Coach Brian Smith, not one to tweet often, offered his own tribute to Greene soon after the news was announced.
Days like today are very difficult and test your faith. We lost a special young man who impacted many in his life especially in his time at @MizzouWrestling and when he was coaching and teaching at Seckman HS. I will miss you Cody Greene RIP #Tigerstyle forever
— Brian Smith (@mutigerstyle) September 6, 2021
All of our best (prayers, thoughts, good vibes, etc.) go out to Greene’s family, friends and everyone in the Mizzou Wrestling community.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which The Revue makes its triumphant return (with a few changes)
- In which the Rock M Nation masthead votes on its first MV3 of the season
- In which ELI DRINKWITZ FLIPS A RECRUIT FROM NEBRASKA, GET CORNCOBBED, NERDS
- In which Nate and Parker (making his podcasting debut!) recap Central Michigan
- Yesterday, I tweeted a sentiment that I’ve genuinely felt for a long time regarding the Mizzou Football media and marketing department: They’re absolutely crushing it right now. It’s been super impressive to see them take the Mizzou Football brand to new heights.
Almost as a cosmic reward for complimenting them, the department dropped two new projects yesterday, both of which exemplify the exciting direction they’ve been traveling.
First, they dropped an Exposure gallery featuring some of their best photos from Week One. It’s pretty excellent visual storytelling, and you should take a look.
Speaking of visual storytelling, the department also started a new behind-the-scenes feature series called, “These Are My Stripes.”
ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ. ʟᴏʏᴀʟᴛʏ.#ShowMeYourStripes x #MIZ pic.twitter.com/k6s2r5EXFj
— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 6, 2021
Looking at the aesthetic choices and personal stories of Mizzou Football players is an incredible idea, and I’m really bummed we haven’t gotten it before.
Someone buy these people a drink next time you see them around town. They’re doing excellent work. And if any of y’all are reading this right now, I’ll reiterate once more: y’all are crushing.
- BenFred at the St. Louis Post Dispatch wrote about the rocky debut for Steve Wilks’ defense, arguing that this week against Kentucky will tell us more about how far they have to go.
- Blair Kerkhoff at the KC Star gets an early preview filed for Kentucky, highlighting a few Wildcats who had big debuts this past week.
- NEW SOFTBALL FALL SCHEDULE DROPPED
As it says in our Twitter bio, Missouri is officially a Softball School so SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL TEAM.
- Go follow Tyler Badie on Instagram (@only1badie.) Why? Because he asked you to!
- Sophie Cunningham dropped 8 points and 2 boards in the Phoenix Mercury’s 9th straight win. GOAT stuff, no biggie.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
Leave a Reply