Mizzou Links for November 8, 2021.
Do we need to keep talking about this game?
Congrats on reading the very first sentence of the Monday links post-Georgia. If you’re here to relive that debacle then congratulations, we officially don’t understand one another!
Here’s all the Mizzou beat had from this weekend’s beatdown in Athens.
- Dave Matter wrote up the snap counts and PFF grades from the Georgia game and, yeah, it’s not great! Also for the Post-Dispatch, Max Baker focused on the good (the run?!) and the bad (the pass?!) of Mizzou’s defense from Saturday.
- Lila Bromberg released her grades from Saturday and, ah those are a bit harsh but yeah OK that’s fair.
- Chris Kwiecinski at the Columbia Tribune also released his grades from Saturday, including individual grades for each of the two freshmen quarterbacks.
- After his pick against Georgia, Jaylon Carlies is now second in the SEC in interceptions!
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam discussed the freshmen QB play from a lopsided affair
- In which Matt Watkins makes his solo debut discussing the pace of Mizzou Hoops in 2021
- In which Sam continues his non-conference previews for Mizzou Hoops by looking at Iowa State
- In which MIZZOU COVERED Y’ALL!
- Mizzou Football has three more games in the 2021 season and some key recruiting battles still to fight.
Mpemba is the No. 14 recruit in the 2023 class — he’s a 5-star athlete — with ties to the St. Louis area. He’s currently at IMG Academy, but the Show Me ties should be enough to get Drinkwitz’s foot in the door.
- Oh, you’re more into basketball recruiting? Check this out.
— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) November 8, 2021
Good news for Cuonzo Martin, who should see plenty more of Friedrichsen over the next few years.
- Markus Golden with 3 sacks on the day?
That’s what we do ♂️ pic.twitter.com/WrcQS0Oyot
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) November 8, 2021
- Prayers/best wishes/etc. go out to Drew Lock, who was ruled out of the Broncos’ game on Sunday morning after being sent to the COVID-19 list.
- Mississippi State got the better of Mizzou Volleyball in a Sunday match, taking three out of four sets.
- Anthony Kristensen covered Norm Stewart’s My Missouri lecture, a look back at his storied career as the Tigers’ head basketball coach.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)