Mizzou Links for Friday, July 9
Norman is BACK!
Mizzou Softball has added to their coaching staff, and it includes a former Tiger. Welcome back to the program, Madi Norman (AKA Stormin’ Norman). The team has hired the former pitcher as a volunteer assistant, according to a press release on MUTigers.com Thursday afternoon.
Mizzou Softball Adds Former Pitcher Madi Norman to Staff as Volunteer Assistant
Welcome back, Madi!
— Mizzou Softball (@MizzouSoftball) July 8, 2021
From Larissa Anderson, via MUTigers.com.
“Madi Norman is a Mizzou Tiger through and through, and since her graduation in 2019 she has given back to the softball community while staying connected and passionately devoted to her alma mater. Madi was not only an outstanding player here at Mizzou who won us a lot of ball games, but more importantly she was a tremendous role model, a true ambassador to our progam.”
“She will continue to be that role model as a member of our coaching staff. She has tremendous ties to the youth softball community, the Columbia area and especially our alumni. She brings in a wealth of knowledge and experience as to what it means to be a Mizzou Tiger.”
And from Madi Norman herself:
“I am exremely honored for Coach Anderson to allow me this opportunity. I have come full circle and I’m happy to be home again at Mizzou. It’s a dream come true to coach with this staff and this school.”
Grateful, Thankful, and Blessed to be apart of this program again https://t.co/zPzYIiXH6u
— Madi Norman (@__StorminNorman) July 8, 2021
And here’s a big honor for a recent Mizzou Football 2022 commit. Four-star running back from El Paso, Texas, Tavorus Jones — has been invited to the 2022 Polynesian Bowl All-Star Game, which features the world’s top high school football players, that will be gathered in Hawaii.
— Polynesian Bowl (@polynesiabowl) July 8, 2021
The game can be seen on January 22nd on the CBS Sports Network in O’ahu. Congrats, Tavorus! M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- 2021 Football Opponent Previews: Georgia Bulldogs, from Nate Edwards
- From Karen Steger: Jim Sterk Wraps up the 2020-2021 Season, Shares Good News Regarding Football Ticket Sales
- Full-capacity Faurot still plan for Mizzou football this fall, but COVID remains tough opponent, writes Ben Frederickson
- From Briar Napier: “I think it’s very beneficial”: Mizzou’s Jim Sterk learns about NIL alongside athletes
- From Wilson Moore: Sterk talks COVID-19, NIL, and tickets in presser
- MU Softball adds former pitcher Norman to coaching staff, writes Anthony Kristensen
- So this is cool…Jay Maclin will be wearing No. 9 this season, to obviously honor his cousin Jeremy
Mizzou’s Jay Maclin (@jaymaclin2x ) will wear No. 9 this Fall, the same number that his older cousin, Jeremy Maclin wore at MU.
“I’ve always dreamed about wearing the number every since i committed to Mizzou and I always wanted to carry on the Maclin legacy here,” he told me.
— Max Baker (@maxbaker_15) July 8, 2021
- Yeah, go ahead and get those Mizzou Football tickets now. They’re in high demand!
We see you fans‼
— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) July 8, 2021
- Bowling provides team chemistry!
— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) July 8, 2021
- Former Mizzou basketball great Kelly Thames’ son, Kellen Thames (Pattonville High School Guard) has announced that he has committed to SLU. Congrats to Kellen!
— Kellen Thames (@KellenThames) July 8, 2021
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)