Mizzou Links for Thursday, March 11
Back in the win column!
It’s been a rough go so far on the diamond for Steve Bieser’s club. After an 0-4 weekend in the Frisco Classic against Dallas Baptist, Oklahoma, and Arizona, Mizzou Baseball desperately needed a win to stop the bleeding. And they did, against an in-state opponent.
With a 2-1 victory over SLU, the Tigers snapped their five-game losing streak to improve to 4-9 on the season.
You can catch me in St. Louis, picking up dubs
— Mizzou Baseball (@MizzouBaseball) March 11, 2021
Freshman pitcher Ian Lohse picked up his first win of his college career as he threw 3.1 scoreless innings with seven strikeouts. Brandt Belk scored the game winning run in the Top of the 7th inning on a wild pitch.
“If you’re going to win consistently, you have to get good starting pitching. Lukas went back-to-back for his starts and that’s something we need more often.”
Missouri will have an opportunity to gain some momentum before SEC play starts next weekend. Starting on Friday, the Tigers will host Illinois State for a four-game series with a doubleheader scheduled for Saturday.
Meanwhile, the NCAA Wrestling Championships will be held in St. Louis next Thursday through Saturday, and last night was their Selection Show. 63 schools will be competing next weekend, and Missouri is one of only three schools, along with Lehigh and Iowa, to send all 10 wrestlers in their weight classes.
63 schools will be represented in St Louis. pic.twitter.com/bH9umu3po1
— Oolawn Oodayman (@SpeyWrestle) March 9, 2021
Here are the seeds for all 10 Missouri wrestlers in their weight class, from Mizzou Wrestling’s Twitter:
Good luck to Tiger Style!
- No. 9 Mississippi State vs No. 8 Kentucky (11:00 a.m.)
- No. 12 Vanderbilt vs No. 5 Florida (1:30 p.m.)
- No. 10 Georgia vs No. 7 Missouri (6:00 p.m.)
- No. 11 South Carolina vs No. 6 Ole Miss (8:30 p.m.)
With a win over Georgia, Mizzou would advance to their first SEC Quarterfinals for the first time since March 14th, 2014. Go Tigers!
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- MIZ-ZOOM. Turnovers, From Kortay Vincent
- From Sam Snelling: SBN Reacts: Top 50 NCAA teams of all time?
- Brandon Kiley writes that too many quarterbacks is ‘one of them good problems’
- ($$) OL target Armand Membou takes in Mizzou’s spring practice, writes Sean Williams
- ($$) Here’s the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodles Mailbag
- WATCH: Cuonzo Martin previews SEC Tournament, video from Mitchell Forde
- Mizzou, Martin return to Nashville one year after the sports world stopped, writes Dave Matter
- Spring football emphasis is on takeaways for Mizzou Tigers, coordinator Steve Wilks, writes Blair Kerkhoff
- From Blair Kerkhoff: Tilmon will be on the floor vs. Georgia this time, and Mizzou hopes he’s a difference
- Eyeing first NCAA Tournament win in 11 years, Mizzou Tigers need to seize SEC Tourney, writes Vahe Gregorian
- Missouri enters SEC Tournament excited for game against Georgia, writes Tyler Hollins
- From Reid Glenn: Missouri baseball one run better than in-state rival SLU
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Mizzou Volleyball is back in the AVCA Coaches Poll at No. 25. The Tigers take on the Gators in Gainesville this weekend.
‼️Your Tigers are back in the poll‼️
— Mizzou Volleyball (@MizzouVB) March 11, 2021
- Just a huge senior season from Jeremiah Tilmon. Congrats, Tilly!
J-Tilly is shooting 63.1% from the field this season.
— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) March 10, 2021
- Cuonzo rockin’ to One Shining Moment at practice. Love to see it!
— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) March 10, 2021
- Mizzou Softball has announced limited capacity at their games home games this season of 25 percent. More here on MUTigers.com.
— Mizzou Softball (@MizzouSoftball) March 10, 2021
- Congrats to junior swimmer Danny Kovac, earning the third NCAA Championship berth of his career!
— Mizzou Swim & Dive (@MizzouSwimDive) March 10, 2021
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Qualifies Five Men’s Swimmers to NCAA Championships
- From the SEC Network, here’s a cool SEC Tournament hype video to get you ready!
It’s Tourney Time in Nashville
Let the games begin! pic.twitter.com/nU13iJFNyD
— SEC Network (@SECNetwork) March 10, 2021
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)