Mizzou Links for Tuesday, March 9
Thursday, here we come…
If you’re familiar with the structure of Rock M links, you’ll know that we usually don’t tease our own stuff until the section below entitled, “Yesterday at Rock M.”
However, it was a particularly dull day on the Mizzou beat — everyone is just prepping for postseason basketball — so we’re going to spend some more time plugging Sammy Stava’s latest Rock-M-Tology, which sees Mizzou as a likely 7 seed at this point.
Getting off the 8/9 seed line will be the most important aspect for Missouri in the SEC Tournament this weekend. For that to happen, a win over Georgia is a must.
It should be added that Jeff Borzello at ESPN has Missouri as a No. 7 seed.
Here’s how I have the Field of 68 shaping up entering the final week of the season: pic.twitter.com/YfQYlQdnhZ
— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) March 8, 2021
Like Sammy points out in the piece, a loss to LSU likely didn’t do too much to hurt the Tigers. However, they could bolster their case for a 6 (or even 5?) seed with wins over Georgia and Arkansas to start the weekend. After that, Missouri could pile up wins against more potential tournament teams to pad the resume and get back on that higher seed line. As I said in yesterday’s links, the SEC Tournament didn’t shake out badly for the Tigers, they just need to take advantage.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Mookie Cooper is earning his stripes at Mizzou
- Mizzou Baseball Drops all Four Games in Frisco
- Rock-M-Tology: Mizzou back to a No. 7 after loss to LSU
- Happy (belated) International Women’s Day to all women of all stripes out there! Here’s a Mizzou Athletics roundup from the day that was.
— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) March 8, 2021
“Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) March 8, 2021
- In his weekly video roundup, Ben Hochman at the Post-Dispatch wonders how far Mizzou Hoops can go in Nashville.
- It was a nice day to be a PowerMizzou subscriber, as you could get access to four different premium articles at the site, including: Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts; national analyst grades of recent QB commits (including Sam Horn); a Top 7 analysis of St. Louis prospect Toriano Pride; and a Top 6 analysis for four-star cornerback Gentry Williams.
- Mizzou made a late push for four-star RB Cody Brown (who got out of his LOI from Tennessee), but lost the battle to Miami on Monday.
- New DL coach Jethro Franklin got the mic treatment at practice recently.
— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) March 9, 2021
- We’ve still got SEC Tournament games to play, but Jeff Borzello at ESPN likes Missouri’s chances of keeping a 7 seed or higher.
- King Dru… has a nice ring to it, no?
— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) March 8, 2021
- In case you were wondering, Mizzou is now fully out of the Associated Press basketball poll, failing to garner any Top 25 votes this week.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)