Mizzou Links for July 26, 2021.
Yeah, let’s just do an Olympics thread
I had to find a way to tie the Olympics into Mizzou sports in the headline here, but give me a break y’all. SEC Media Days are over, football camp hasn’t yet started and we’re back in the throws of summer. Karissa still doesn’t run for a few days! Mizzou sports were back! And now they’re gone again.
But now at least we have a savior (other than regular season baseball)! The Olympics are in full swing, and this weekend was hot hot hot with action!
- The men’s basketball team had a massive win streak snapped in its opening game with France, scoring only 76 points in a loss to France. But hey, the women’s 3-on-3 team is 4-0!
- Simone Biles was other-worldly once again, but the women’s gymnastics team was upset by Russia in a second place qualifying bid. They’ll still get to go for the gold in Tokyo.
- An 18-year-old won America’s first-ever gold medal in women’s taekwondo on Sunday, which is cool because when I was 18, I was furiously spending my meal points on bottled water so they didn’t run out before the end of the semester.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam proposes several different options for Mizzou Football’s future SEC pod. Personally, I’m a fan of the location-based pod
- Bradley Beal Elite lost the Peach Jam championship to Team Final yesterday, meaning the summer is over for 2022 Mizzou commit Christian Jones (and hopefully a few other future Tiger hoopers.) Matt had a tweet thread on Jones’ tournament, and what it tells us about the Tigers’ future point guard.
- The Athletic’s senior college football writer, Nicole Auerbach, reports that the Big 12 is planning on having conversations with Oklahoma and Texas, all while the schools are reportedly set to announce their departure process this week.
- DeMarkus Acy looking clean in the black-and-yellow!
Remember dreaming about time like this ! ✍ pic.twitter.com/yKYOzhM8WK
— DeMarkus Acy (@DeMarkusAcy2) July 25, 2021
- Eli Drinkwitz’s daughter is shaping up to be a softball star, and Larissa Anderson is already eyeing her for a scholarship (or so her tweet would suggest).
- Closing out links on a bit of a sad note today as we remember former Tiger Cam Biedscheid, who passed away after he sustained injuries in a shooting in St. Louis this past weekend. Biedscheid never took the court for the Tigers, but will always be remembered in the area as an electric player. I got to watch him play when I was in high school, and the only player who I think might have been more electric was Ben McLemore.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)