It’s senior night in Columbia, will the Tigers be able to send them out in style?
The Tigers welcome LSU for senior night as both grapple for NCAA seeding. The opposing Tigers are a formidable force led by freshman sensation Cam Thomas, but Mizzou has the experience and emotions always ride high on senior night? Will Mizzou add another resume-boosting win? Or will the Bayou Bengals ruin the evening at Mizzou Arena?
Second Half Notes
- What was Mark Smith trying to do on that dunk? It ended up working out, but it was strange because for a moment he thought he was Dominique.
- If Mizzou can pull this out and can rattle off a couple wins in the SEC tournament, I could be convinced that they are a dangerous tournament team.
- Although Mizzou hasn’t done a great job of limiting Cam Thomas, they have done a good job of limiting the rest of the team and getting them in foul trouble.
- This feels like a game that is coming down to the final 30 secs or going to OT.
- Cam Thomas is very good. That is all.
- LSU has shot an absurd percentage this game. It seems like every shot they’ve put up has gone in.
- Mizzou fought hard but LSU just shot it better, that was the story of this game. LSU shot 51.7% and Mizzou shot 37.1%.
- In the second half alone, LSU was over 60%.
- This team’s chance to win tourney games looks very bleak right now. This whole season has done a complete 180 in 3 weeks.
First Half Notes
- Early on, it looks like the Mizzou is making a very concerted effort to get to the basket. I think that bodes well for their chances and will open up opportunities from 3.
- In the last 5 games, it feels like Dru Smith hasn’t missed an open three.
- In the middle of this first half, Mizzou’s offense looks very stagnant. There is a lot of standing, and it seems like Dru Smith is the only one really working.
- Torrence Watson scoring off the bench bodes well for the Tigers to make a comeback. Any bench points for the Tigers are huge.
- It feels like any time the Tigers hit a big shot LSU answers immediately.
- DRU BUGGS looks like he wants to make the most of his senior night. 7 early point could be the most he’s scored all year.
- Torrence needs more minutes, plain and simple. In games that he’s had decent minutes, he’s had good production off the bench.
- Going into the half tied after that half is a big win. Hopefully, they keep the momentum going.
- Torrence is our leading scorer at intermission, who’d have thought?
A Senior Day GAMEDAY vs. LSU!
— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) March 6, 2021
Opponent: Tigers (15-8)
Time: 2:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, Mo
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes, but they’re not ranked
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -2.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will the Tigers keep Cam Thomas under 20?
- If Mizzou wins today, does that mean they’re back?
- Which Senior will have the biggest game today?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?