DENVER (AP) – Oskar Sundqvist scored twice, Jordan Binnington stopped 26 shots and the St. Louis Blues beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-1 in the season opener for both teams. Jordan Kyrou also had a goal after being recalled from the taxi squad, and new addition Kyle Clifford added another as the Blues scored four unanswered. Andre Burakovsky scored early for the Avalanche. Colorado’s streak of season-opening wins was halted at four.
- Rams deal with injuries to key players heading into NFC playoff game against Packers
- A memorable shootout in their past, former Big 12 rivals Mahomes, Mayfield to duel in NFL playoffs
- How to participate in the virtual Purina Pet Parade
- Lady Gaga to sing anthem, J-Lo to perform at inauguration
- Man arrested in Utah after skateboarding naked in front of children, police say